Re: Front Hub Removal

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Hub Removal
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:49:31 -0700
If you remove the cotter pin thru the hole in the side of the hub, you can
remove the castellated nut and pull the hub off the stub axle by hand.

If you're talking about the outer wheel bearing outer race, if I recall
right, you can drive it out by inserting a piece of pvc pipe or a large
socket and driving it out with your BJ8 knockoff wrench.

I had good luck inserting new races by freezing the race in the freezer and
boiling the hub in a sauce pan, then tapping it in with a piece of pvc pipe
of the right size. Or it may just tap in at room temperature. It wasn't
difficult.

You can use pvc pipe as a seal driver, too.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA