RE: Cam Re-Grind

To: "'Allyn Richardson'" <allynrichardson@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Cam Re-Grind
From: "Michael salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:48:50 -0400
Hi Allyn,
Any good cam grinder will probably have a profile very similar to the BJ8 in
his library if not the BJ8. The original BJ8 cam dimensions can be achieved
during a reprofile of your BN6 cam.
The BJ8 minor diameter was quite small and the back is very close to the cam
shaft itself. I suspect that prevented BMC from having to modify the
forgings that they started with.
New lifters with a really good start up lube and U should be OK. Don't let
the engine idle slowly for the first 15 minutes after U first start it up.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com