Re: Brake Fluid

To: "Terry Blubaugh" <tblubaugh@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:10:45 -0400
This subject has been hashed over on this list ad nauseum. Therefore there
will be plenty to read (and further confuse you) in the archives.

However, I will make two comments:

1. I have only used silicone (synthetic, Dot 5) brake fluid in all my and
customers' restorations since 1983 with no problems whatsoever.

2. If you switch to silicone, you must replace every single rubber item in
the entire hydraulic system, not just "several parts" as you mention. This
includes all seals, boots, and hoses. Also flush the old lines thoroughly.
In other words absolutely no trace of conventional fluid should remain
anywhere in the system.

Rich Chrysler