Re: 1960 Mk I

To: "Brad Buchanan" <bbuchanan@bygroup.com>
Subject: Re: 1960 Mk I
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:58:03 +0800
Brad -

First of all, your first gear synchro is rough because the car doesn't
have first gear synchro!!!!  No healey did (except the BN1).

When you drive it, you are always supposed to touch second gear before
putting the car into first or reverse.

I'd suspect the car is a decent driver and mostly original, but with
some part substitutions over the years.  In general a BT7 of this
shape is probably worth in the neighborhood of $20,000 or maybe a
little more.  I would not expect $30,000 unless everything on the car
was factory stock and car condition is almost perfect.

I don't think Ebay is a very good place to sell a healey, and if you
want a fair price probably this list or advertising in one of the
austin healey club magazines is the way to go.  I would advertise at
25K OBO and then see where it goes.

Good Luck!

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8