Re: Oil $75.21 barrel and Healey MPG

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil $75.21 barrel and Healey MPG
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:37:58 -0500
Speaking of expensive gas is there a reason why my 100/4 barely tops 20 mpg
on the highway while my old TR4A with roughly the same weight and HP, using
similar technology in carb and iginition system, and undoubtedly having
worse aerodynamics would hover at or just below 30?

More curious than anything else, was the engine design just that much less
efficient, bad head design? friction from the small bore long stroke design?
low compression of the four cylinder healey motor, all of the above?

Greg Lemon
54 BN1

And no smart alecky if you liked the MPG so darn much why don't you still
drive a Triumph answer either--actually if I had my druthers and more space
and resources I would drive both!