Cleaning the Engine Compartment

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cleaning the Engine Compartment
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:02:45 -0400
I thought I would clean up the engine compartment while I'm waiting for
parts to come in. Everything is covered with a thick layer of undercoating.
Pipes, wire harness, hoses, everything. Undercoat remover works but only
after lots of wiping and scraping. Oven cleaner works but might be too
caustic for the wire harness. Mineral spirits works but is very slow.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ned Smith

BJ8

near Chattanooga, TN

N34.98 W85.5