Friday Funny

To: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Friday Funny
From: Russ Staub <bbb11489@azboss.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:32:52 -0700
Hi All,

Not really Healey related, but car related.  I recieved this story from
my sister, and thought I'd send it with an addendum relating perhaps to
"I'm not as smart as I thought I was".

Story
 I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. "Do you
need some help?" I asked. She replied, "I knew I should have replaced
the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car.
Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a
battery to fit this?" "Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm, too?"
I asked. "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the
car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I
replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries.
It's a long walk."

Addendum:
An elderly lady approached me outside the post office recently, with the
exact same problem.  Her remote "thingy" would not operate the door
locks on her car.  Armed with the above information, I confidently went
with her to her car and pressed the unlock button.  Nothing happened,
just as I expected.  I then, being the smart engineer that I am,
proceeded to unlock her door manually with the key.  It wouldn't work
either, which completely dumbfounded me.  The poor little old lady then
began to approach every guy coming out of the post office with her
problem, and all of them (three) came to the same conclusion, it
wouldn't open, and know one had a clue why.

Finally, gentleman #4 came out of the post office, and asked us why were
trying to get in his car?  The lady was trying to get in the wrong car,
as hers was parked about 6 cars away.

I sometimes wonder how I made it as an engineer, but I guess more often
than not, I fail to see the obvious.

Russ Staub

'50 Atlantic
'60 Bugeye