Front Brake Leak

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Brake Leak
From: olin.brimberry@talecris.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:25:44 -0400
After having avoided a near hit with the Healey this weekend, I discovered
that my brake reservoir was EMPTY!  Thankfully I had the reaction to pull
the emergency brake and stop the car in time.  By the time I got home I was
pumping air - I know, air is very compressible.  When I pulled the car into
the garage, I topped up the reservoir and waited for an inspection.  I then
spotted brake fluid running down the inside of my front left tire after it
sat for overnight.  What do I need to look for as a potential leak source -
and should I inspect this leak while the system is under pressure?  i.e.,
someone pumping the brake pedal while looking for the leak.

Regards,

Olin