Front Brake Leak - Rev 1

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Brake Leak - Rev 1
From: olin.brimberry@talecris.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:00:03 -0400
Ok, this car was completely restored so all components SHOULD have been
replaced or rebuilt in the last year or 2.  Also, the wheels are disk
brakes.  Where would one see a leak in the calipers?

Regards,

Olin

                      Olin Brimberry

                      Sent by: Olin            To:       healeys@autox.team.net

                      Brimberry                cc:

                                               Subject:  Front Brake Leak

                      05/02/2006 11:25

                      AM

After having avoided a near hit with the Healey this weekend, I discovered
that my brake reservoir was EMPTY!  Thankfully I had the reaction to pull
the emergency brake and stop the car in time.  By the time I got home I was
pumping air - I know, air is very compressible.  When I pulled the car into
the garage, I topped up the reservoir and waited for an inspection.  I then
spotted brake fluid running down the inside of my front left tire after it
sat for overnight.  What do I need to look for as a potential leak source -
and should I inspect this leak while the system is under pressure?  i.e.,
someone pumping the brake pedal while looking for the leak.

Regards,

Olin