Faster Flasher

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Faster Flasher
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:07:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
My BN7 has it's original signal flasher unit (Lucas) which works but is slow.
The flash interval is slower than I would like and I think it makes it harder
to notice when it is flashing the turn signals.  I have a new wire harness and
new haligen bulbs with plenty of current in the charging system.  Does the
orintation of the unit make a difference?  Mine is horizontal because the new
wire harness leads were too short.  Does this make a difference?  Is the
flasher just too old?  Is there a way to keep the original looking can but get
a faster flash?
As always, any help is appreciated.
Ron Fine