Re: Mesa Verde, CO & Southwest CO

To: healey3000bn7@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mesa Verde, CO & Southwest CO
From: Drtrite@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:51:10 EDT
healey3000bn7@yahoo.com writes:
I'm planning a summer family vacation to Mesa Verde, CO & the national park
there.  We've never been in that part of the country and would like to hear
from anyone who has.  We'll be there for 7 days, 3 in the park and the other
four
are to be determined.

  I'd like to hear from anyone who is familiar with Southwest and West
Central CO.  We'd be interested in knowing about any "must see" towns,
attractions
and general sites.  The plan is to fly into Denver and drive the 8+ hours to
Mesa Verde.  Therefore any points of interest between Denver & MV are greatly
appreciated.

Hi Carlos,

I guess you know I like to drive my Healeys and we have made the trip to the
SW part of Colorado a couple of times. The NTAHC President's tour was to Ouray
in Sep, 2004. You can see some of the trip pics at ntahc.org web site under
past events.

Drive west out of Denver to Montrose and take US 550 south. You will wish you
had the Healey when you travel this great road. They call it the million
dollar highway. In Quray there is a great Mexican restaurant across from the
Ouray
Chalet Inn. They have about $2,000 stuck to the ceiling. Give them a buck and
they will show you how it is done. Each year they take most of it down and
give it to a charity. They leave a little for seed. Telluride and Durango are
two good places to look around too. Neat train in Darango.

On the return you can take US 160 east to Trinadad and then north on I 25.
Not real senic in some places.

I think you will have a great time in CO and there is plenty to see and do.

Don Lenschow