bj8 Girling Brake Servo

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: bj8 Girling Brake Servo
From: "andy pole" <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 23:14:40 +0000
Hi Everyone

I have just stripped my brake servo to find the vacuum cylinder having a
ring of gung that looks like its a mixture of leather/rubber/and brake fluid
where it passed.
To remove this should I use a Fine wet and dry paper, metal polish, or other
as it needs something stronger than a degreasant. The internal cylinder
looks like it had a special coating, does this come in the rebuild kit?
Many thanks
Andy Pole
1966 Bj8 35244 now back in uk from uncle sam
(1 owner scrapyard - healey in 3000 peices of rusty metal)