Re: smitty trans

To: KingR44916@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: smitty trans
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:36:52 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/2006 11:00:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
KingR44916@aol.com writes:
anyone on the list do a conversion on a bj8 .i'm all finished except having
trouble trying to figure out the best shifter .does anyone have a pic
Not sure if you have already dealt with the gearbox cover but if not go to:
http://www.midlands.austinhealeyclub.org.uk/, then click on technical pages,
then 5-speed.

On my 100 I chose the forward position which I think is best--and it allows
for installation of an ashtray, without which no AH is complete.  My wife's
3000 came to me with a five-speed already installed with the shifter in the
middle position which I think is just a bit too far back for comfort, plus
there's
no room for the ashtray.

Best--Michael Oritt