Re:My Response to Marks Comments

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:My Response to Marks Comments
From: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:01:23 -0400
To set the record straight and so as to not make it seem that I unfairly
besmirched the good reputations of those associated
with the Healey Marque, my comments in response to Mark's post about the
received condition of the club magazine, were
just that... personal comments. Reid has raised the level of content and
has removed most of what I thought to be extraneous
filler. Again, I'm not a journalist, just a reader with personal likes
and dislikes. I still feel that the club magazine should contain
primarily technical and historical information and articles relevant to
our hobby. The March issue is an excellent example of this.
As we all have seen, this forum is a venue for an expression of thoughts
and ideas. Open debate is what makes us a free society. We may not all
agree, but we have the civility to listen, digest, and respond in a
courteous manner. Being editor of any magazine is, for the most part, a
thankless job. I, personally, feel that Reid is taking Healey Marque in
the right direction and to that end has, for the moment, removed my
concerns over what had been.

Doug