OT Spray Guns, Compressors

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT Spray Guns, Compressors
From: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:26:43 -0400
A couple of weeks ago someone posted a very informative e-mail re HVLP spray
guns. Unfortunately, I deleted it. I learned some stuff from the response, but
I have a ? for the poster, whoever you may be. In looking at HVLP sprayers I
see a lot of them require a 1 or 2 HP compressor. That is not very much info
(I hope.) I have a very (40) year old compressor and it has a 3/4 HP motor.
The compressor unit is Kellogg-American, no rating on the compressor, bur a 30
gal tank. Is this enough to push a HVLP gun? Or is more info needed? Anyone
know where I can get info on old K-A compressors?

Obviously, I need lots of help.

TIA,

Bob Johnson
BJ8