Re: info

To: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>,
Subject: Re: info
From: Richard Hosmer <rahosmer@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 06:30:23 -0700
Kurt,

I am getting a bit of a bad feeling here, ESPECIALLY if the car is in
two-seat (BN7) configuration. What you are describing sounds like a classic
case of "upgrading" shall we say. Tricarb BN7s are VERY desirable, because
only 355 were built.

I'm not sure how one would tell, since some of the factory work was fairly
crude/hand-fitted, etc. but I would surely look VERY closely for signs of
alteration around the rear shroud, how the spare is mounted, and the battery
doors, etc. I would also contact Bill Bolton who has the tri-carb registry.

Of course you know that the engine should be a 29E? You are almost certainly
looking at SOME form of hybrid. I would not pay ANY sort of premium unless
all the anomalies can be explained.

Dick Hosmer
BT7 tricarb