RE: Smiths/British Jaeger gauges

To: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Smiths/British Jaeger gauges
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:57:21 +1000
 G'day Eric

British Jaeger chronometric gauges are simply gorgeous and were state of
the art in the late 1940s and early '50s. I am afraid to say that they
were much more sophisticated than the Smiths gauges fitted to the
Austin-Healey.

However there is a Healey connection as I have a set British Jaeger
gauges sitting on a shelf at home. They were fitted as original
equipment to Healey cars and mine were fitted to my 1947 Healey Duncan
Saloon.

What information would you like?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn