RE: Non Healey-seeking opinions

To: "'Heard'" <heard@datatrontech.net>,
Subject: RE: Non Healey-seeking opinions
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:31:57 -0400
I have a rule of not commenting on non Healey topics but this one close to
my heart.

Why do people need dental insurance?

As I see it, the intension of insurance is to pay, or help pay, for abnormal
expenses which are beyond the means of the insured.

As I see it would be a very unusual dental expense that one could not afford
to pay. Might damage a budget a little to have a root canal or two, but that
is life. Dental damage caused by accidents is a different matter and is
perhaps a more reasonable idea to have insurance for that.

As I see it all that dental insurance does is make a lot of insurance
company's rich, keep a lot of insurance people employed and put up the costs
for everyone.

When it comes to insurance it seems to me that everyone has lost the plot!!!

End of rant.

Please forward all responses to www.statefarm.com
<http://www.statefarm.com/> .

Michael Salter