Re: loose pulley

To: Edwin Harris <mail@edwinharris.net>
Subject: Re: loose pulley
From: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:28:45 -0400
Edwin,

Be careful about the sleeved thermostats sold by BCS. In my opinion,
while the sleeved design may be correct, the temperature setting (165
deg. F, but that is from memory) may be too low for your car, which I
believe is a BJ8. I put one of their thermostats in my BJ8, and it just
ran too cool, with the side effects of lack of power and spitting carbs.

This situation is confirmed by the Workshop Manual, which states that
the thermostat setting should be 158 deg. F for engines before 29F/2592,
and 182 deg. F for Mk II and III thereafter.

Ask BCS if they now have a sleeved thermostat with the higher
temperature setting.

John P. New
London, Ontario, Canada
'67 BJ8

NOW AVAILABLE AT www.LBCdigital.com:
Austin Healey 3000 Parts List on CD-ROM:
    Series BJ7 & BJ8
    Series BN7 & BT7

COMING SOON!
Austin Healey 100/6 (Series BN4 & BN6)