RE: Leaking HD8

To: "'Mark Goodman'" <mkgoodman@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: Leaking HD8
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 14:09:50 -0400
Hi Mark,

The problem that you are describing is almost invariably attributable to a
cracked jet diaphragm. With most jets the diaphragm is part of the jet
assembly although some aftermarket jets had replaceable diaphragms.

The jet and diaphragm assembly can be replaced with the carburetor in place,
but it is quite difficult and I would certainly recommend removing the
carburetors to do the job properly.

I have found that some of the materials used for the jet diaphragms are
damaged by fuels with methanol content.

Michael Salter

www.precisionsportscar.com