New exhaust, new carb settings?

To: "'Healeys@Autox. Team. Net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: New exhaust, new carb settings?
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:13:00 +0100
Hi,
I finally managed to get my 6 branch exhaust on. God, what a business!
Thanks again for all the advice regarding the tape for the headers. I
chickened out in the end! And, since the heat shield, by some miracle, still
fits, I thought I could do without. We are not exactly overburdened with
heat over here you know.
Now, I've got it all back together and I'm 99% sure that the chokes and
throttles are where they were beforehand. Certainly the throttles are all
the way back and the choke levers seem to be all the way down/off when it's
warm and running...BUT, it's got a much faster idle now, say 1500 whereas I
used to have it at about 850.
Question:- is this a result of the new exhaust? Exhaust getting out quicker
means air and petrol being dragged in quicker???
It's a tricarb running 3 HD6s.

Thanks,

Simon Lachlan
Comfort House