Re: Castrol brake fluid

To: <deemi@juno.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Castrol brake fluid
From: <dcong996@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:10:52 -0400
The story was that British rubber plantations fed British brake companies
and that British castor bean plantations yielded a brake oil compatible with
the British natural rubber seals. Petroleum based brake fluid (any fluid
other than LMA or silicone) may, over time, rot the seals and should not be
used.
This may not be true with today's seals, but judging the quality of other
"rubber" items, I wouldn't be too sure.

Dallas Congleton
1967 BJ8
1953 MGTD