Wish List

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wish List
From: "Ray Juncal" <gonzo18@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 23:52:58 -0700
  I make finned aluminum valve covers for four and six cylinder Healeys.  A
year and a half ago I first made the six cylinder covers.  I have made the
four cylinder covers for some time.  I have the time involved in making the
pattern, the prototype, revising the pattern, back and forth to the foundry
four or five times with problems in the cast parts, art work and etching cost
for the logo plates,  drawing and prototype for the knobs, then the cost of
sixty knobs,  drawing and set-up for the billet filler cap and cost for 100
part minimum order, 200 gaskets for filler cap, polishing cost, my time
finishing and assembling cover and caps,add to that cardboard boxes and
packing material.  I made thirty covers.  This involved a substantial
investment in time and dollars.  I have sold twenty in the last year.  I am
not getting rich on this deal.  A few bucks go in the Healey fund that the
wife never sees as earned income and I make some Healey guys real happy.  The
point here is that it can be a lot of work to produce parts for our cars and
there is not an unlimited market or high demand.  It's more a labor of love
than a business proposition.
    Thank and support those who are willing to take on the challenge of
producing parts for our fifty year old limited production cars.  Mike Lempert
comes to my mind among others.  They do it for us and the Healey Marque.  So
who wants to step up to the plate?
Thanks to those who do.
Ray Juncal