Re: NGK spark plug recommendation

To: Neil Anderson <nlaredbt7@tbc.net>
Subject: Re: NGK spark plug recommendation
From: sooch@houston.rr.com
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:17:33 -0500
Neil,

Iridium is a waste of money unless you are running a highly boosted
turbo or supercharger engine, or possibly very high compression.  I am
not a big fan of platinum plugs in general because they are not best
for performance, they are best for people who don't want to change
their plugs for 100K miles.

The V-power plugs are a nice upgrade to the standard and usually yield
a smoother idle.  Both electrodes just have more sharp edges so they
take less power to fire.  The standards would be fine too and are still
better, in my opinion, than the Champions.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8