Fuel Tank Screen

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Tank Screen
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:16:55 -0700
Hello List,

First the good news.  I recently purchased a 1959 BN7 that has been in dry
storage since 1973.  No dents, NO rust, except for minor surface rust.  An
original, black plate, central California car.  Got the BMIHT cert and the
numbers check out.  This car was raced in SCCA events in CA in the 60s, and
has (among other things) an after-market tri -carb set up w/ 3 HD6 carbs and
intake manifolds which are definitely not factory.  The carb set-up and the
bolt-in roll bar will  be sold, as I will return the car to factory specs
during a ground up restoration.  Could put on a quick paint job, fluff it up
and sell it; but will do it right.

The bad news is that the gas tank was not drained when the car went into
storage.  I flushed it out w/ new gas, but the in-tank screen is completely
plugged.  Have been told that the in-tank screen can be blown off the pipe,
but 80 psi does not even make a hiss, and the screen is still there.

Any ideas?  I hate to cut into the tank to remove the screen.

John Snyder

1959 BN7
1960 BT7
1961 BN7 MK2