Toggle clamps for hood

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Toggle clamps for hood
From: "Tomas Johnsen" <toj@jmc.no>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:01:25 +0200
My 3000 MK 1 (produced 22.dec 1959) was modified from a BN7 to a BT7
during the 60's, with little regard to originality. The hood frame is a
detachable type placed in the same holes as the tonneau cover rail and
may not be original for a 1959 model. The front hood rail is fastened to
the window frame with strips of sheet metal connected to bolts placed
where the hood pins used to be. This is clearly not a satisfactory
arrangement...

I have bought the toggle clamps that are correct for the BT7, i.e. the
non-adjustable ones. However the holes for the pins that the toggle
clamps hook onto are placed far too high for the clamp to catch them.
Was this pin placed differently on the BN7 and the BT7?

I would really appreciate if someone could send me a photo on how the
hood clamp with pin is assembled on a car with the non-adjustable clamp.
I live in western Norway, and there are not many Big Healeys around to
look at, and see how this assembly is supposed to be.

Thanks in advance,

T.Johnsen

1959 - BN7/BT7