Top Frame Restoration

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Top Frame Restoration
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:27:24 -0700
Hi again,  I am beginning the process of restoring the top for my BN7.  My
original frame is in good shape but I have a question about the ends of the
frame that fit down into the holes on either side of the car.  There appears
to be a very rusty bolt screwed into a solid end on each of the side poles.
Am I correct to assume that these bolts were used to adjust the length of the
pole or adjust the height of the frame or tension the top??   If so, I guess
I'll need to drill them out and re-tap the hole for a new bolt.  Can anyone
tell me what would be the size and thread of the new bold?
As always, Thanks for your help.
Ron Fine
61BN7 on the road again.