Re: Engine Reassembly

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: Engine Reassembly
From: "Rick Neves _._" <56BN2_06@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:17:14 -0400
Ned,

Whatever you do don't force it.

Those splines on the shaft have to line up with the sun wheel. Try rotating
the shaft into each of the thee spine positions (I think there are three,
its been a while) Anyway, try each one. One could be better than the others.

This will be a pain because the tranny is heavy and you are working blind,
against those springs and everytime you bump it you might misalign the whole
thing but keep trying over and over. Eventually you will get it. but
remember don't force it. I did on mine and then I had to weld the OD casing.

One thing you might try is a dry fit without the springs. At least you won't
be fighting those and you will conclude that it does seat and at what
position.

Don't over torque those bolts either, they can strip easy.

Put a ball of grease on the end to help with the insertion. Make sure your
bronze bushings are lining up as well.
Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2