Restorable BN7 Garage Find

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Restorable BN7 Garage Find
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:22:27 EDT
Yesterday I was asked to look at a Healey recently inherited by a woman
living in Southern California when her father, who lived here in Los Altos
(CA),
passed on. It's a very restorable 1959 BN7, car number HBN7L/440, body 789.
It's
always been a California car, with no rust and a good, straight body and
chassis, last driven after an engine rebuild, new fuel tank and brake rebuild
in
2001. Engine turns over easily, but we didn't have time to start it. Would need
new interior to be usable as a fun hobby car, but could be a good basis for a
complete resto. Currently has center-shift tranny, but original side-shift
tranny and overdrive are under the workbench in unknown condition. Top bows,
side screens and bumpers are missing, but everything else is there. I'd
appraise
it at about $16,000.   I have no financial interest in the sale. Contact me
for more information if you're interested.
Gary Anderson