Silly Detaily Question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silly Detaily Question
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 08:01:17 -0400
Heres another one of those silly Healey questions that you don't know unless
you ask  or paid close attention when you took the car apart.

Man, what a "Rube Goldberg"  this linkage system is.

This has to do with the accelertor shaft on my Bt7.   This is the longish
shaft that hangs from 2 brackets just above the trany opening in the skuttle.
It connects to the accelerator pedal via a couple of other brackets and ball
joints.  Each shaft bracket has the felt bushings which can be modified to
teflon bushes, "thank you Brit. Car Spec."

I notice that the 2 "hanging shaft brackets" are not perfectly flat when set
on a flat service.
Which way should these lean?  Toward the engine (thats my guess)  or toward
the cockpit.  Or should they sit perfectly straight?  (reform)

They would probably work in either configuration but while I'm at it I would
just a soon get it right.

Stay tuned for the next "silly Healey question"

Mark