100-6 BN4 Brake Problem ??

To: healeys@autox.team.net, ahcsd-discuss@yahoogroups.com
Subject: 100-6 BN4 Brake Problem ??
From: AAHealeyguy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 17:06:44 EDT
I have a 1957 100/6 BN4   that I have been working on to get ready for the
road.   I am pretty mechanical-minded and have usually been able to "fix"  just
about anything with this car,  but  I am having a brake problem with my right
front brake (drums).
I cannot seem to cure an oosing leak between the rubber brake hose metal
fitting and the brake cylinder.
First,  I replaced the copper washer with a new one ---  no good.
Second,  I replaced the hose with a new one (changed both front hoses) -- no
good.
Third,  I am going to remove the front cylinder (once again) and assure that
the 'land' on the cylinder where the copper washer seats is flat.

I have been working on this leak for sometime now  and am having a hard time
curing it.......   Any ideas??    Thanks for any input.

Gerry Kwiat'  (San Diego)
57 100/6  BN4.