Re: Urethane Bushings

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: Urethane Bushings
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 21:53:43 -0400
It's a personal opinion kinda thing. I put urethane mounts and new end
links with urethane bushings on my BJ8 and I really feel a difference in
cornering. The old rubber ones were shot and the links were bent, so
even stock replacements would have been an improvement. I don't think
the sway bar is going to make the ride harsh, and I don't think it's
stiff enough to damage anything else around it. Pep Boys sells Energy
Suspension end links in a couple different lengths. My son and I have
used urethane bushings on our Neons for years and autocross them a lot.
I have no problem with the car riding a little harsh if it will perform
a significant amount better. The stiff springs and shocks make his Neon
rough, but the urethane bushings seemed minor when we first did them.
Your opinion and mileage may vary, check local and state laws for
specific rights, not available in all stores, etc., etc., etc.

Dave