Kroil factoids

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kroil factoids
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:54:38 -0700
Hello Listers,

When Sili-Kroil didn't free up one of my suspension pins, I called the
mfg--Kano Labs in Tennessee and spoke with one of their engineers. He told
me the following interesting facts:

--They said Sili-Kroil penetrates a little better than original Aero Kroil
and the lubrication of the silicone makes parts come apart more easily. The
downside is the silicone is difficult to get off surfaces which are to be
painted.

--They've seen it penetrate 6" uphill in a rusted joint thru capillary
action.

--Normally rusted joints should only take a few minutes, but one of their
customers said it took 2 weeks.

--Kano also sells aerosol graphite lube, belt dressing and a bunch of other
esoteric fluids. I've ordered these and will follow up with descriptions on
how they work.

--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA