clutch

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch
From: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:03:10 -0700
justin, i just got back from oregon where i helped my brother install another
trans in his bj8 that was not shifting.  we discovered that the clutch
pressure plate has self-destructed, i.e., the three tab locked bolts that hold
the plate to the spring housing had all backed out and the plate was always
under pressure, plus it banged the hell out of the inside of the bell housing.
we have no idea what caused this destruction as it had been in the car for at
least a year.  the old tranny was worn out so it was not an exercise in
futility, but take a look and see if your clutch might have this problem.
healeymanjim