Fuel Pump

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:08:07 -0500
The other day my fuel pump quit on me and the hammer trick worked at first,
then it quit again and the old 3 lb Thor could not pursuade it back to life.
This resulted in my first tow in a British car ever because it was very late,
I was very tired, and my complete road tool kit had everythng in it except a
flashlight.

Anyway enough about my problems, here is the tech question.  I hadn't really
touched the pump since the first summer I got the car in 1999 and it up and
quit on me (go figure).  Anyway as expected the points were badly pitted and
filing them resulted in the old soothing tick tick tick.

Question is this, other than having a little less life in them because of wear
and my filing, with the shiny new smooth surface are they as good as new or
should I replace them?, I didn't realize you could get them but looks like
they are pretty reasonable and available from the usual sources.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1