BSF or UNF?!?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BSF or UNF?!?
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
As some of you know I am restoring a BN2 from a rolling inner frame with
most of the suspension into a complete car.  The problem is I have had to
find, borrow ,steal, beg for or otherwise buy EVERYTHING else to build
this car.  I have a drive train and all the sheet metal now.  The sheet
metal is almost ready for paint.  The painter says he found 4 cracks in
the rear shroud that have to be welded.  He found these cracks after he
fitted all the panels.  Paint soon!
My question relates to the final assembly of this car.  Is there any way
to tell if I have a late BN2 or an early BN2 just from a frame and
suspension?  I am told the early BN2s had BSF threads in most of the
assembly and the late BN2s had UNF fasteners.  Can I just use UNF threads
in any case?  This car had no ID plate, so I don't know what year it was
built.  The only ting that told us it was a BN2 was the rear transmission
mount on the frame.
Mike MacLean
55/56? BN2