Re: Lubricant for Toyota 5-speed in my Smitty conversion

To: JNBrashear@garverengineers.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lubricant for Toyota 5-speed in my Smitty conversion
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:42:26 EDT
In a message dated 7/19/2006 5:33:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JNBrashear@garverengineers.com writes:
Hi All, I need help from others with a Toyota 5-speed (PLEASE) on what
gearbox lube oil to use.
Jack--

I have 5-speeds in both my 100 and my wife's 3000.  I switched from
conventional gear lubricant to Redline MT-90 last year in both cars with good
luck and
the shifting does seem to be a bit easier, though it could just be my
imagination.  The MT-90 seems to be a bit more specific to the Toyota
transmission
than does the Redline MTL, though I really can't glean too much of a difference
between the two.  For product descriptions go to:

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_gearlubricants.asp?pvID=74&prodID=57&subcat
ID=18.

Best--Michael Oritt