Re: removal of door window

To: "Edwin Harris" <mail@edwinharris.net>,
Subject: Re: removal of door window
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:43:24 -0700
Edwin,

To remove the arm from the guide channel you raise the window almost out of
the door after removing the weatherstripping.  You may have to remove the
interior padded door top first as well.  The arm has a spring loaded beveled
roller at it's end which moves in the bottom of the guide channel until it
"walks out the end of the channel".  Then the glass with the guide channel
attached (friction fit to the metal frame holding the glass) can be removed
from the car.  Once the glass is out the guide channel can be removed from
the metal frame by prying it off.  Note where it was located so you don't
need to do this by trial and error when you reinstall it.

Richard Bittmann BJ7 Tacoma