Seat slides bolts

To: Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat slides bolts
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:03:56 +0200
Listers,
All welded bolts holding the seat slide to the floor of the car were
broken off during dismantling by the P.O.  I'll have to drill them out
and replace them with new bolts. Three questions:
(1) what is the thickness of the wooden piece that goes between the
floor and the rail ;
(2) what is the length of the bolt projecting from the underside of the
rail; and
(3) I have only one complete set of two slides, one with a handle, one
without. In order to know whether this is for the left or the right
seat: where should the handle be - in between the rails or on the outside?
(Please remember I didn't take the car apart myself, and also that this
is the first A-H I've ever worked on)
Thanks and regards,
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432 under reconstruction