Part Needed

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Part Needed
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:03:44 -0400
Does anyone have a source for the older style of steering rod boots that don't
use the extra retaining clip but just stay on by tension from the ring that is
on the boot.
My NOS steering rods don't have the groove to hold the later type of clips and
when I turn the wheels the damn boots keep popping off.   Very frustrating
since I thought I had this area done and ready to go.  I need 4 of these boots
if anyone can help.

Another thought,  has anyone tried to form a groove in these rods with a
grinder or dremel tool in order to use the later boots with the extra clips.
Stray metal shavings could certainly be a problem in this area I'm sure.

Thanks in advance,   Mark