Re: Half Shafts

To: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>,
Subject: Re: Half Shafts
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:03:34 -0400
Paul,
I would think your problem isn't the half shafts at all. They are almost
indestuctible in the C series axle.

First, with the handbrake on, both drums should be locked. Obviously the
right one is locked but the left one is not. That's simply a matter of
incorrect rear brake shoe adjustment. The shoes should be adjusted only when
the handbrake cable has been temporarily disconnected from the handbrake
link bellcrank lever that is mounted on the rear axle.

The somewhat excess free play in the diff assembly still shouldn't cause a
clunking noise. I'd be checking the tightness of the rear shocks to the
chassis frame before jumping to other conclusions.

Rich Chrysler