RE: 2BA die

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 2BA die
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:34:33 -0700
Ken:  I don't know if this will help but you might try to make your own
die.  I have make taps out of large and very small bolts for chasing
damaged threads or making threads in very small holes by filing a 'V" notch
in the end of a bolt with a triangular file (jeweler's file for the small
bolts).  The 'V' should be vertical or even lean forward toward the cutting
direction.  I have never tried this with a nut but I would think that the
principle would be the same.  Since you are only trying to remove a small
layer of plating, it might be worth a try.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031