Re: shipping advice

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shipping advice
From: Brad Weldon 55BN1 <healey@bradw.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 10:35:05 -0700
Hey Tom,

Alot depends on how far you're planning on transporting it. Some have
done it before, but I sure wouldn't want to tow on a dolly. I brought
mine home from Edmonton AB to Salem OR (1000 miles) on a uHaul car
carrier towed behind a V6 Astro minivan. The benefit of bring it home on
an open flatbed for me was the great interest the US/CAN border folks
provided. Boy, you should have seen the guys swarm around! The amount of
thumbs up and conversations at travel stops were none stop. You won't
get that in a third party closed carrier. My experiences only, your's
will undoubtedly vary.

- Brad