Re: brake and ckutch fluid spec for BN4

To: "Breda O'Sullivan" <conbreda@eircom.net>,
Subject: Re: brake and ckutch fluid spec for BN4
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:07:27 -0400
  Breda:    I had been using Castrol LMA DOT 4 for several years.  Lately it
seems harder and harder to find, so I have been using NAPA DOT 4 recently
with no problems.  I believe new aftermarket seals in the rebuild kits and
in new cylinders are made from rubber that is much more tolerant than the
original girling rubber of 40 or 50 years ago.  I would beware of
new-old-stock kits or cylinders which would have old rubber.

  Just my $.02

  Jim Smith
  BN1, BN2, BN6, BN7