Nelson photos

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nelson photos
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 05:27:23 -0700
I finally worked out my FTP problem with my provider and uploaded my Nelson
pics to my web page.

My adventure took my up coastal Hwy 1 and 101 from the Golden Gate Bridge to
Port Angels WA where I took a ferry to Vancover Island, BC. After touring
the island and Victoria I went across by ferry to Twassen BC and onto
Nelson. I joined the OR club after tour up to Banff and Lake Louise, to
Montana skirting Glacier National Park due to wildfires near St Mary's. The
after tour went through Hell's Canyon, over Lolo pass and many many scenic
roads and points of interest in Idaho and Oregon.

I spent two days at Bill Bolton's along with Marion Brandly (sp?) and their
gracious wives. Thanks go to Bill for the hospitality. He was kind enough to
give me the run of his extensive shop and complete set of BMC tools to pull
my rear axle seals and replace them. Whooo whooo I would have been
scratching my head on the axle nuts etc without the tools. Did I say lift,
yes my car looks very different when I can walk under it and work.

There are some pics of the car on the lift with Marion installing Bolton's
tow eyehooks while I sip beer. Indentured servitude, or willing
Healeyophile?

My return route took me by John Wilson's shop who provided me with the
elusive rear lower hardtop aluminum surround I have sought for four years.
John, you do excellent work from the looks of the cars undergoing
restoration and such evidence as "Tweety" and the white 100/6.

The southern trip down the coast only took two days from OR, I guess I could
smell the barn and was longing for my wife.

Truly the Last Open Road

Failures: 1157 tail light bulb
Tuning: adjusted points. No adjustments for altitude in Banff (some
backfiring downhill and air starvation)
Damage: substantial 1 inch diameter dent on shroud next to "Healey" badge
from flying debris off a passing logging truck.
Fuel/oil: 20.15 MPG avarage ~4,536 Miles / added two quarts
Preventative: Rear diff was low on oil. Replaced left and right seals,
o-rings and paper gaskets. Adjusted brakes, refilled diff.

To see the pics go to www.bighly.com <http://www.bighly.com%20>
click Car Photos
then Healey
then Nelson_2006 and Nelson_2006-PG2

Thanks BC and OR clubs !!

If you have some photos I would love to see them and am happy to put them up
on the web site.