Re: fuel tank saga

To: "John Loftus" <loftusdesign@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: fuel tank saga
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:27:53 -0700
I was the other lister complaining about the fitting used by Jorge on his
tanks.  It is not compatible with an original fuel line ending fitting.  To
use the fitting on Jorge's tank, you have to get a modern compression
fitting from your local hardware store and change out the end fitting on the
fuel line to accept the new compression fitting.  IMHO not as safe or strong
as the original style factory fitting but unless you want to mess with the
fitting on the new tank, your only option is to modify or replace the
original fuel line.
Ron Fine
61BN7
66MGB