RE: A 1st Conclave story

To: "'Bob Brown'" <BlkBt7@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: A 1st Conclave story
From: "Alan" <alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:43:12 +0100
 Bob
Thanks for making Susan's story available to the list.  What an excellent
personal perspective.  It was clearly written whilst all the pains of the
adventure were still fresh in the memory and yet the richness of the total
experience still shines through.  My wife Pauline could relate to the
cushions thing to reach the pedals, and the noise, not just of the car but
also the tyres of the trucks which are so big and close when on the open
roads. My guess is that it wasn't published this month (yes, I get 'Marque'
here in UK) due to there being so many shorter contributions available to
fill the magazine.  I'm sure it will be published next month though.

It was quite a brave move to take a fresh-built car on an 800mile shake-down
run.  It is a testament to Ron's good work that so few issues were
encountered and they were of a fairly minor nature.  Of course I'm sure they
didn't feel minor when that far from home and in the pouring rain. Thanks
again for making this interesting tale available and it has certainly given
me an insight into the culture and camaraderie of the Conclave experience.

Pauline and I plan to be there next year.  Together with Phil and Julie
Gardner, and Jim and Jan Finch from the New Forest Centre, we are visiting
our friends Pete and Cindy Sturtevant in Boston (check us out at the club
website).  Then we plan to drive over to Vermont with Pete's Healeys and a
MkII Jaguar. Unfortunately freighting our own cars over is just too
expensive.

It would be good to put faces to some of the names I've encountered on this
list.

Best wishes.........
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk
            mailto:alan@nfahc.co.uk
PS. the attachment that was stripped is Susan's article for Phil and Jim to
read