SV: engine noise

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: SV: engine noise
From: "Per Schoerner" <healeyguy@bredband.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:07:33 +0200
Frank
Check your fan for cracks.
A couple of years ago we were caravanning to our annual meeting. One of the
3000 in the convoy suddenly began to develop this strange noise. He stopped
and everyone bent over the engine, took the valve cover off, listening to
the noise, guessing a lot of causes. But we never found out what it was. He
decided to park the car at the next fuel station and hitch hike with someone
else, and have the car towed home. But he never stopped, I was wondering how
he dared to drive with that noise. Upon arrival he said that the noise went
away after a short while. He was happy for a while, but a few weeks after
this one of the fan blades worked its way out of the engine compartment
through the bonnet.
I think the general opinion among the crowd that tried to diagnose the
problem is that it was the fan that produced the noise.

Best regards, Per