Re: Vapor lock?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vapor lock?
From: "Mick Vander Ploeg" <mvanderploeg@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:51:22 -0400
Thanks to Charley, Jim, & Alan for your replies.

Here's a little more info in answer to your questions & suggestions:
Fuel pump is new
Fuel filter is new
Fuel lines are new (from Doug Reid at 18G)
Distributor is okay - good springs & breaker plate moves freely
The car does run fine when running at a constant rpm on a flat level surface,
but when I give it the gas the sputtering starts.  The higher the RPM, the
worse the problem.

I did have the fuel tank cleaned and sloshed with that stuff that's supposed
to coat the inside & seal it from future leaks.  I wonder if that wonderstuff
could've clogged the pickup tube?  Is it correct that I should be able to see
the fuel filter run dry, or close to it, if that's the problem?  Anyone have a
similar experience with a pickup tube getting jammed up with the tank sealer?
Could be a good excuse for a new aluminum tank.