BT7 brake pipes

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BT7 brake pipes
From: "Alex" <alexmm@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:09:50 -0400
I'm preparing to re-do the calipers on my 1960 BT7, and have ordered
components, including new brake pipes, from Inan at Healey Surgeons. She
tells me they're shipped straight. Of course, the ones on my car have a bit
of a "service loop" to them.

I was wondering if they could be carefully formed by hand, as she suggests,
or is it imperative that they be formed with a tool (either a bender or an
internal spring-like former that keeps them from collapsing).

Also, in a book I have entitled "How To Restore British Sports Cars," by Jay
Lamm, he suggests using Teflon tape on the flare nut threads! I've never
heard of that. I use Teflon tape on home plumbing joints, but never gave it
a thought for high-pressure hydraulic lines.

Any suggestions or ideas on bending or fitting would be appreciated.

==    Alex in Maine
      1960 BT7 3000 Mark 1 - "The Blue Mainie"
      Former owner of 1957 100-6, and 1967 3000 Mark III BJ8
      http://users.adelphia.net/~alexmm/ai2q.htm